If you feel like your back pain is stubbornly persisting and if you haven’t tried inversion table therapy yet, then now’s the time to give it a shot. Let me acquaint you with the topic, in case you think I’m pulling your leg.
What is an Inversion Table?
Inversion table is a device used to do inversion therapy, an alternative medicine to relieve back pain. It is used to hang a person upside down by their ankles; they will be suspended vertically. Inverted tables are for back pain alleviation and ciculation improvement, and to help in body functions.
Does It Work?
This device has a lot of detractors, saying that there is no scientific proof for it but contrary to those claims there is some proof that it works. First, there was a study conducted on 175 patients who were having back pains that left them not able to work; it was found out that after 8 treatments around 88% of them were able to go back to work. Second, in 1978, a study showed that after being inverted for more or less 10 seconds, 35% of the respondents’ back pain decreased. Third, in another study, using the inverted table once or twice a day gave a 33% decrease of sick leave incurred because of back pain. Finally, a study by the New Castle University found out that almost 71% of those who underwent inverted table therapy canceled their surgeries for their back.
What are the benefits of inversion tables?
Inversion table can help alleviate arthritis of the spine, degenerative disc disease, facet joint syndrome, fibromyalgia, forward head posture, herniated disc, lower back pain, neck pain, pinched nerve, piriformis syndrome, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, sciatica, scoliosis, somatic pain, spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, upper back pain, and vertebral compression fracture.
Reasons to Get an Inversion Table
1. It is convenient. Instead of travelling to and fro to your physician, chiropractor or therapist, you can do it at home because the help it gives you is very much like what your health care provider can give.
2. You will be able to sleep soundly because it helps relieve you of the disturbing back pain.
3. Since it removes the gravitational pressure on your spine, it allows your spine to rebuild and regain strength. Thus, you can avoid the shrinking of your bones as you grow older and prevent getting that “hump” prevalent in the elderly.
4. It improves the blood circulation in your body, allowing the easy and thorough distribution of nutrients and oxygen throughout your body, thus boosting your energy level.
5. It improves your mobility because inversion table exercises your musculoskeletal system, stretching and strengthening it.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and get one NOW!