With the sudden rise of wannabe fitness and weight loss experts promoting countless numbers of calorie counting fad diets and insane fitness programs, weight loss has become everyone’s struggle. With the number of theories backing and contradicting one another, it’s pretty hard to stay informed on what’s really the lowdown when it comes to effective weight loss. But regardless of program or diet, weight loss is a long and winding road which requires a lot of discipline and perseverance to stay on track.
If you’re not the type to be spending money on diet schemes and fitness regimens, then you can do these top 5 exercises to lose weight instead:
- Walking – Walking is probably one of the most overlooked exercises around. A lot of people are lazy and drive to where they’re going even if it’s just a couple of blocks down. Walking can significantly help you lose weight and also a great way to relax after a stressful day.
- Aerobic exercises – I am not talking about the dancing exercises but rather I am talking about exercises that enhance your cardio and metabolism. Aerobic exercises like jogging, jumping jacks, skip ropes and bodyweight exercises can help you build muscle, develop cardiovascular strength, lose fat and burn off excess calories without feeling the need to overwork your entire body.
- Swimming – Swimming is an exercise like no other because it works the arms, legs, respiratory system and your heart. What aerobic exercises lack in power, swimming makes up for it. 30 minutes of swimming a day can get your heart pumping and your fats burning.
- Sports – Getting involved in sports is another fun way of burning fat and losing weight. Have you ever seen obese active athletes? This is because any form of sports activity requires you to work every part of your body like arms for baseball or basketball, legs for football and the heart for marathons. Keeping your body constantly moving is a great way to help keep the fat off.
- The gym – Exercises you do at the gym are also beneficial for your weight loss activities, like hitting the treadmill, rowing machines and weight training. Weight training can help you build muscle and burn calories while treadmills and rowing machines are perfect for aerobic exercises.
Depending on your preference, doing any of these can greatly help you achieve your weight loss goals. If you feel the need for more motivation and focus, then I invite you to watch this video that will blow your mind and change the way you look at weight loss.