Walking for weight loss works wonders. You can burn calories just by walking to your destination instead of driving your car. It’s also a wonderful way to introduce your body to more physical activities like jogging, biking, and even weight lifting.
Walking for Weight Loss and Things to Avoid
Before I start raving about what I love about walking for weight loss, let me point out the most common mistake that people make when it comes to walking.
Walking on flat surface – Walking on a flat surface may be nice and relaxing but it cannot give you the results that you want. Nor can walking on a treadmill give you the weight loss benefits you’re seeking.
Walking for Weight Loss – Why Consider This Option
I know you’re probably disappointed after finding out that you may have committed the same mistake; we all did and now we know where we’re going wrong, it’s time for us to do things right. By the way, I watched a lose weight video by Isabelle that’s packed with so much common sense about weight loss, check it out.
Anyways, walking for weight loss can provide additional benefits like:
- Walking increases metabolism – Walking increases your metabolism because you burn more calories. An increased metabolism means you burn fat even while resting and this is what you want to achieve.
- Walking uphill – Walking uphill, whether on a hill, landscape or an uphill treadmill, can reduce your cholesterol.
- Walking is a low-impact activity – Walking is the perfect exercise if you’re overweight or if you have injuries or sore joints that won’t allow you to do more strenuous activities.
- Walking downhill – Walking downhill can help reduce your blood sugar levels.
- Walking makes you healthy – Walking develops cardiovascular health because it gets your heart rate up and pumping which helps your body adjust to more strenuous activities like weight training. More activities for you mean easier weight loss.
If you’re curious about how much weight loss is achieved, it’s really up to you because each of us has different weight loss goals. If you want more weight loss tips and tricks, check out Dan and Isabelle’s video; they offer safe and sensible weight loss material. Plus, they make it fun and exciting.